Portugal has launched its residency by investment program back in 2012. Applicant must invest in the governmental entities minimum €280,000. After 5 years of proven residency, Portugal can advance the application to citizenship by naturalization program.
Minimum Investment: €280,000.
Process Time: 6 Months.
Visa-Free Countries: all 26 Schengen Countries.
WHAT ARE THE PROGRAM BENEFITS?
• Being a resident of Portugal, you are also becoming a member of the European Union. Thus, you have the right to consular protection and assistance from any European Union consulate worldwide.
• You may also live, work, study, and develop your business in the European Union without restrictions, and you'll have access to world-class healthcare.
• Dual citizenship is permitted in Portugal, allowing you to maintain your current nationality.
• Portugal has low tax rates and possibility to make business with all EU zone.
• It is required to visit country in person at least for 7 calendar days annually, during 5 years of residency.
The applicant is required to meet the following requirements:
• The minimum age of 18 years
• Have a medically approved health certificate
• No criminal record
• Get due diligence verification
• Obtain governmental approval of the application
• Provide income sources confirmation
Following family members can apply for citizenship together:
• Husband/Wife of the applicant
• Children, both adopted & biological, younger than 18 years
• Parents and In-laws older that are dependent of applicant